Friday, January 29, 2010

Nesting with the Lettered Cottage

Did I ever mention that I love Layla's blog @ the lettered cottage! She is one of my absolute favorites and I have been following her for awhile...not literally. I feel like such a stalker saying that...

A couple months ago, she blogged about a cover shoot
The Nest magazine would be doing on she and her husband's transformation of their lettered cottage.


I will be honest, I had never heard of The Nest. However, I had heard of the Knot, which may sound familiar from your hitching days...I mean wedding.

Well, The Nest magazine is published by the same company and since Layla was going to be on the cover, I splurged on a subscription for $15.99 or something like that. And you are like me, my magazine price cap is $5...does that tell you how excited I was???


I know I am a nut but hey I finally "know" someone famous! Anyway, the magazine came in the mail and of course it turned out perfect!

They started with a cosmetically hideous fixer upper and turned it into a classy cottage.


Beneath the surface they discovered a decorator's dream, wood planked walls and ceilings throughout their home. I know I "wood" just find installation and studs (not the good kind of studs either).

The best part about Layla's designs is that they are stylish, earthy and on a budget. A real middle class working budget.

She's a real person with real style. Layla shops Ikea, thrift shops and yard sales.

Layla has a husband that helps her every step of the way. I am totally envious!

Make sure to hit your local bookstore or magazine stand to get your own copy!

1 comment:

  1. WOW!
    Thanks for the wonderful shout out! :-)
    You made my morning!

    We've got some more exciting news about a couple of other magazines in late February and June...stay tuned for more details... :-)

    Layla

    ReplyDelete