Sunday, November 22, 2009

Finally Finished

I started this project at least two weeks ago...I move slow. Usually the most progress is made when Little Michael takes his naps on the weekends and I multicraft on a few different projects at a time while I try to clean the house.

This project was "inspired" by Shanty2Chic tiered cake stand that was posted a bit ago here.

The lids were saved from these hat boxes that were in the yard sale pile (which is overtaking the craft room).

These lids were transformed with a couple coats of Rust-Oleum Heirloom White spray paint.

Before I painted that candlesticks, I removed the screw from the bottom of one of them and used it with the finial to give it some height.

I them spray painted each of the candlesticks and the smaller candle holders and then glued them to the lids with Gorilla Glue. Then antiqued the sticks with a 3m sanding block.

After dusting, I applied a coat of Ralph Lauren Tobacco Glaze and wiped it off with a rag.

...and I was almost finished!

But it needed something more. I planned on picking up some pine cones from around the office on Monday but I really didn't want to wait until then.

Annelise knew exactly where to find a potpourri bowl that one of my sisters made for us several years ago and it worked out perfectly!

No comments:

Post a Comment