Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Recycling Idea



I found this idea from A Soft Place to Land (http://asoftplacetoland-kimba.blogspot.com/2009/05/re-use-it-jute-twine-vase.html) . It is a site that I frequent quite a bit and find all kinds of good projects to try.


Of course I decided to start this project around 8:00 p.m. so my store choices were limited. I could not find a twine that was similar in size at Dollar General (they only have super super thin twine) so I headed over to Lowes. I ended up getting some rope type twine because I was anxious to work on my project.

I used a blue vase that some flowers my husband had sent me for Mother's Day or Valentine's Day several years ago. I am not too keen on blue and had not used this one in some time.

I spent about three hours winding and hot gluing the twine around the vase. I used about two packs of glue sticks and have twine to spare. I have to say that this project was quite relaxing!

My husband thinks my vase belongs in a boat themed room. However, I think that with some nice dogwood branches like Kimba's, it will look nice in my craft room, which is quite the work in progress right now.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for letting me know about your blog. I'm super excited to follow it!!!

    ReplyDelete